Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Thrifting


Today I went to a few thrift shops in hopes of finding something pretty, and I did. I brought home this beautiful green blouse which looked a little granny-like on the hanger, but once I put it on I really loved it. I also bought a thin red belt and a brooche of which I don't really know why I wanted it. Maybe it will come in handy one day? 


To me the best places to look for vintage clothing are the small, charity driven thrift stores you find in almost every city. Although you have to go through a lot of ugly and/or smelly clothes, with a little luck you can find the best things and if you do, the prices are always better than you'd hope for. Although most of the better-known vintage stores in this area such as Episode or Jutka&Riska have more nice clothes and are better arranged, with a lot of the items being overpriced it lacks the thrill of finding a real treasure in a pile of ugliness, which makes thriftshopping half the fun. (Okay, that were two really looong sentences..) 

Perfect fall-outfit


(by Kim)

No comments:

Post a Comment